My Wife My Constant

Everything in life seems to always be in flux.  For us this has  been a tough year.  The addition of our third (unplanned or expected) child.  Big changes in the job.  New church growth taking place.  Stress abounds.  And in those  times I turn into super analytical man.  Questioning everything and figuring out nothing.

My wife brings peace in the storm.  Her heart is always so pure.  She loves God and our family and worries not about much else.  I love that she is reminding me of the value of sitting at the table as a family and taking our kids to the park.  I'm so grateful that she initiates conversation on parenting, vacation, and family adventures while my mind is trying to solve organizational issues and work crisis.  It reminds me to slow down and remember things that are important.

God can replace me in any of the capacities I hold on this Earth except as my wife's husband and my kids' father.  I want to rest in that and hold on to that.  It is a sweet place.  A loving place.  A filling place.








Comments

  1. "God can replace me in any of the capacities I hold on this Earth except as my wife's husband and my kids' father" That is such a true statement. What a great reminder today. Love yall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Giving sight to the blind

Why we put December in a low income school.

17 Challenge Update