Interns or Partners

So we added two interns to our staff for the summer.  I can't tell you how excited I am about that.  I love teams and when people join a team they automatically make it better.  That person brings all new perspective, talents, passions, and energy to the group.  Now granted, sometimes people can have a negative impact, but I'm going to be honest.  We have two amazing new teammates.

Anna and Jake are who has joined us and I'm so excited to see what these young adults do for us at LifePoint, but also what they accomplish in their lives.  Anna is an amazing young woman with a heart for families and it is staggering to hear some of the ideas she is coming up with at a young age.  She has a fighters heart that loves deeply.  A powerful tool.  Jake is energy personified.  There is such hunger for God's word and love for the mission of the Gospel within him.

I wonder how many times we miss out on the gifts that people are in our lives......  Wait a second, I was just in the middle of this and a friend who has been doing ministry with me for years walked in.  He let me know of this really cool opportunity he had to do some ministry at a different church.

Hmmmm.  Point in case.  He is such an amazing gift in my life.  This can be the hard part.  When God uses the amazing folks in other places.  You are happy and sad at the same time.  I'm overjoyed for opportunity and at the same time feel like I'm going to be desperately missing part of me.

It's because I am.  Who he is has helped make me who I am.  For that, I'm ever grateful.  And I'm super excited about what God is doing.

To the new teammates I say:  "Let's do this.  Who knows how we will change each other, but we will be better for it.  Let's take risk together and grow together."
The the old teammates I say:  "I don't know who I'd become without you.  We did good.  Don't ever stop being you?"

Thank God for all the teammates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving sight to the blind

Why we put December in a low income school.

17 Challenge Update